Transmission & Distribution
To provide all customers with a reliable supply of electricity, through VINLEC’s transmission and distribution line network.
The T&D Department maintains:
- approximately 250 miles of Transmission and Distribution lines. These lines run overhead on approximately 27,000 poles and underground primarily in the more urban areas.
- approximately 1,100 distribution transformers that are used to provide customers with a supply at a suitable voltage.
- 8,050 streetlights
- over 40,000 revenue meters.
- VINLEC’s fleet of 52 vehicles.
- and installs VINLEC’s Fibre Optic network.
- Three Management Staff
- Six Supervisory and Technician Staff
- Fifty-two Unionised Staff